I am Diana Dallal, a nationally and State Certified Teacher of Music that has been teaching piano in the Mill Creek / Bothell / Snohomish / Everett area (really known as Silver Firs) since 1999. I have taught ages 4 - 74, and absoultely love what I do. I have a lot of happy students some of which have gone on to play for bands, choirs, and churches. I've had over 30 years of various performance experiences, including solo, concert and jazz bands, choirs, churches, and schools.
I am past President of the Snohomish Music Teachers Association and am also the Center Representative and Founding Teacher for the Royal Conservatory Music Development Program.
Qualifications & History
- In 2016, 1 student won 1st place for his grade for the Scholarships Competition in the Snohomish County Music Teachers Association.
- In 2016, 3 Students won 1st place for various grades in the Trudy Woll Composition Competition with the Snohomish County Music Teachers Association, and two won 2nd out of 7 students who entered.
- In 2013, a Student won 2nd place for the 3rd Grade Category in the Young Composers Project which is the Washington State Composition Contest. In 2016 Three Students won first place (4th, 7th and 8,grade) and one won 2nd and in 2013, 4 Students won First Place and 4 won 2nd place in the Trudie Woll Memorial Composition Competition with the Snohomish County Music Teachers Association. In 2010, there were 3 First Place and 4 Second place winners, and 2007, 3 Composition Winners, one First Place and Two Second Place Winners.
- In 2013 two students won Superior (top rating) with the United Federation of Music Teachers for playing their pieces in this event at the University of Washington.
- In 2007 one of my students won the Concerto Competition with the Snohomish County Music Teachers Association and became the First Alternate and as a result was able to play with the Mukilteo Chamber Orchestra.
- Two students won Outstanding Performance at the Bach Festival in Seattle in 2007.
- In 2014 Two students have won the Royal Conservatory Music Development Program’s Washington Certificate of Excellence. State Certificates of Excellence are awarded by state to the candidates who receive the highest marks for the practical examinations.
- Nationally Certified Teacher of Music (NCTM) with Music Teacher National Association and with the Washington State Music Teachers Association (WSCTM).
- Use the Ultimate Music Theory method of teaching theory which not only is more fun for the student, but guarantees 90% or more in the written theory exams.
- Past President of the Snohomish County Music Teachers Association.
- Active Member and participant of the Snohomish County, Washington State, and National Music Teachers’ Associations
- The Royal Conservatory Music Development Program (musicdevelopmentprogram.org) is available for all students which is the American version of the Royal Conservatory of Toronto and affiliated with the University of Toronto in Canada
- Played for the church services at the Good Shepherd Baptist Church in Lynnwood (2012 and 2010) and Ebenezer Lutheran Church in Lake Stevens (2013).
- Performed with Cascadia Jazz Band in Lynnwood, Washington until 2012 and have also performed with Mood Swings Jazz Band in Lynnwood, Washington
- Performed with the rock, concert and jazz bands in the 504th Air Force band
- Performed with the Peninsula Pops Orchestra for 5 years in California
- Piano Performance at the Legislators Breakfast at the United Methodist Church in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1984
- Performed accordion in and Irish folk group, and sang (in German) with Heimat Echo at the Seattle Folk Life Festival
- Experienced in playing for and working with choirs, including Explorer Middle School in Everett, Olympic View Middle School in Mukilteo, Gateway Middle School in Silver Firs, Silver Firs Elementary in Everett, and Mountain View High School in California
- Music Director and Performer for Curtain Call Summer Musical Theatre during the summers of 1999 thru 2001
- Taught piano and organ to all ages from 1978 – 1980, computers from 1980 to 1999, and now piano from 1999 to the present
- Taught Group Piano at Prosser Piano in Shoreline, Washington for 2 years (2002-2004).
- Studied and achieved Grade X with the Royal Conservatory of Toronto in Canada which is the music school which is affiliated with the University in Toronto, Ontario well thought of in both the U.S. and in Canada.
- Rehearsal pianist for various musical theatre groups including Kings Players and Pine Nut Players one as rehearsal pianist, the other as pianist in the orchestra
- Performed Organ and piano for church services, funerals, and weddings
- Performed and accompanied for parties
- Will teach individuals with professional keyboards, digital pianos, when requested and, of course, acoustic pianos – which is my first choice, because they prepare the student to play on anything.
- Teach jazz, popular and classical music, church music lead sheets, solo and ensemble playing
- Did some music proof-reading for Craig Linder (respected Jazz Pianist in Washington) using Finale, and experienced in arranging and recording music for use in choir and ensemble